Construction Defect Claim Specialist
At CCMSI, we look for the best and brightest talent to join our team of professionals. As a leading Third Party Administrator in self-insurance services, we are united by a common purpose of delivering exceptional service to our clients. As an Employee-Owned Company, we focus on developing our staff through structured career development programs, rewarding and recognizing individual and team efforts. Certified as a Great Place To Work, our employee satisfaction and retention ranks in the 95th percentile.
Reasons you should consider a career with CCMSI:
- Culture: Our Core Values are embedded into our culture of how we treat our employees as a valued partner-with integrity, passion and enthusiasm.
- Career development: CCMSI offers robust internships and internal training programs for advancement within our organization.
- Benefits: Not only do our benefits include 4 weeks paid time off in your first year, plus 10 paid holidays, but they also include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Critical Illness, Short and Long Term Disability, 401K, and ESOP.
- Work Environment: We believe in providing an environment where employees enjoy coming to work every day, are provided the resources needed to perform their job and claims staff are assigned manageable caseloads.
The Construction Defect Claim Specialist is responsible for the investigation and adjustment of assigned Construction Defect claims and Commercial Property Damage claims. The Construction Defect Claim Specialist is accountable for the quality of claim services as perceived by CCMSI clients and within our corporate claim standards. This is a senior level claims adjusting position.
This is a remote position with CCMSI core operational hours being Monday through Friday from 8am to 4:30pm. This desk with handle straight construction defect CGL claims, predominately FL subcontracotrs, with mandatory knowledge of AI and NI coverage determinations.Responsibilities
- Investigate and evaluate Construction Defect General Liability claims in accordance with established claim handling standards and jurisdictional laws. The investigation will require detailed statements and interviews to be conducted with various parties in order determine coverage, liability, and damages. The evaluation process includes determining the value of the claim and knowing how to convey that value to others.
- Determine and analyze complex general liability coverage and prepare various coverage letters; including reservation of rights, tender analysis, and disclaimer of coverage. The product has many manuscript endorsements that require a strong attention to detail.
- The candidate will need to understand to a high degree residential and commercial building construction, repair processes, and how to analyze the accuracy of damage reports prepared by contractors, engineers, and appraisers.
- Manage complex litigated files working with defense counsel, and the client.
- A strong knowledge of resolution techniques such as high low agreements, proposals for settlement, offers of judgement, declaratory judgements, and litigation management.
- Establish reserves within authority and/or provide reserve recommendations.
- Maintain required state licensing and continuing education.
- Review, approve or provide oversight of medical, legal, damage estimates and miscellaneous invoices to determine if reasonable and related to designated claims. Negotiate any disputed bills or invoices for resolution.
- Authorize and make payments of General Liability claims in accordance with CCMSI claim procedures utilizing a claim payment program in accordance with industry standards and within established payment authority.
- Negotiate settlements in accordance within Corporate Claim Standards, client specific handling instructions and state laws, when appropriate.
- Assist in the selection, referral and supervision of designated General Liability files sent to outside vendors. (i.e. legal, surveillance, case management, etc.)
- Review and maintain personal diary on claim system.
- Prepare reports detailing claim status, payments and reserves, as requested.
- Effective and timely coordination of communication with clients, claimants and appropriate parties throughout the claim adjustment process.
- Provide notices of qualifying claims to excess/reinsurance carriers.
- Handle more complex and involved General Liability claims than lower level claim positions with minimum supervision.
- Conduct claim reviews and/or training sessions for designated clients, as requested.
- Attend and participate at hearings, mediations, and informal legal conferences, and trials, as needed.
- Compliance with Corporate Claim Handling Standards and special client handling instructions as established.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Initiative to set and achieve performance goals.
- Good analytic and negotiation skills.
- Ability to cope with job pressures in a constantly changing environment.
- Knowledge of higher level claim position responsibilities.
- Must be detail oriented and a self-starter with strong organizational abilities.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize required.
- Flexibility, accuracy, initiative and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Discretion and confidentiality required.
- Reliable, predictable attendance within client service hours for the performance of this position.
- Responsive to internal and external client needs.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and/or in writing both internally and externally.
Education and/or Experience
5+ years Construction Defect claims experience is required.
Proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Adjuster's license is required.
CORE VALUES & PRINCIPLES
Responsible for upholding the CCMSI Core Values & Principles which include: performing with integrity; passionately focus on client service; embracing a client-centered vision; maintaining contagious enthusiasm for our clients; searching for the best ideas; looking upon change as an opportunity; insisting upon excellence; creating an atmosphere of excitement, informality and trust; focusing on the situation, issue, or behavior, not the person; maintaining the self-confidence and self-esteem of others; maintaining constructive relationships; taking the initiative to make things better; and leading by example.
CCMSI is an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity employer offering an excellent benefit package including Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, Vision, Flexible Spending, Life, ESOP and 401K.