Facilities Management Facility Services Supervisor.255
FACILITY SERVICES SUPERVISOR
FULL TIME REGULAR
Shift: Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM (40 hours/week)
Location: 2150 Marshall Edwards Drive, Bartow, FL 33830
Performs supervisory oversite to custodial contracting and the assignment and direct supervision of in-house custodial employees in maintaining the cleanliness, sanitation of buildings, inspection of buildings, grounds maintenance and equipment.
Assigns work activities in a manner that protects and preserves the integrity of county buildings and other property. Coordinates in the daily activities of a custodial crew performing custodial housekeeping tasks of county buildings and equipment. Supervises and assists the assigned crew in scrubbing, mopping, waxing and polishing floors; dusting and polishing furniture; washing windows, toilets, washrooms and fixtures; emptying ashtrays and wastebaskets; taking out trash for disposal; and, cleaning up grounds and areas around buildings. Work tasks include supervising and inspecting county buildings. This position may have to fill in to perform custodial duties in the absence of staff or special circumstances.
Directly responsible for inspecting, monitoring, and overseeing the daily crew activities to ensure that work assigned is performed according to standards. Inspects performance of custodial contractors to ensure the service provided is to the standards of their contract. Resolves routine problems that arise. Reports major performance problems or deficiencies to supervisor in a timely manner. Provides on-the-job training for new employees in proper custodial procedures for the use of equipment, cleaning, and refresher training for assigned crew.
Assists in recruitment screening processes and makes hiring recommendations of assigned crew. Maintains time records for crews. Assists with evaluation and recommends discipline or counseling of assigned crew. Coordinates custodial crew activities with other planned projects. Orders supplies, materials, uniforms or equipment as necessary. Communicates with building occupants, County officials, and the public to ensure quality customer service is being provided.
Performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
- Ability to effectively communicate oral instructions/directions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, officials and the public.
- Ability to maintain and prepare simple records and reports. Ability to understand and define contract requirements.
- Ability to perform manual labor/housekeeping tasks.
- Ability to plan, assign, organize, schedule, review and supervise the work of assigned workers.
- Ability to use good judgment in administrative and personnel situations and make independent decisions.
- Knowledge of materials, methods and equipment used in janitorial work.
- Knowledge of supervisory and management skills, such as planning and organizing.
- Graduate of an accredited high school or possess an acceptable equivalency diploma is required.
- Have at least a minimum of three (5) years' experience in custodial services, two of which must have been supervisory, which includes knowledge of janitorial, housekeeping, cleaning procedures, floor care, equipment and supplies, or related work is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience in the oversite of custodial contracts.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be able to secure a valid Florida driver's license at the time of employment within this classification.
- Must be able to pass a national background check, mandated by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, to include on-line security training.
- A comparable amount of training and related experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
This position may be required to report for work when a declaration of emergency has been declared in Polk County.
Apply for Facilities Management Facility Services Supervisor.255
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly