Liability Claims Specialist
CorVel is seeking a Liability Claims Specialist. The Claims Specialist manages within company best practices complex and non-complex Auto and General Liability claims. Additionally, the Specialist will work within delegated authority to best possible outcomes for CorVel and our clients.
This will be a hybrid work arrangement reporting to one of our Florida offices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives claims, confirms policy coverage and acknowledgment of the claim
- Renders a Liability determination on each claim in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Investigates claims and handles complex 1st and 3rd party Auto and General Liability claims, including litigation.
- Establishes reserves and authorizes payments within reserving authority limits
- Communicates claim status with the client and claimant.
- Adheres to client and carrier guidelines and participates in claims review as needed
- Assists other claims professionals with more complex or problematic claims as necessary
- Requires regular and consistent attendance
- Potential to work remote
- Additional projects and duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Three (3) or more years' experience handling complex Commercial Auto and General Liability claims and litigation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets.
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet or exceed performance competencies.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and related experience.
- TPA Experience is highly preferred.
- Bodily Injury experience required
- Commercial Auto and General Liability experience preferred
- Litigation Experience is required.
CorVel, a certified Great Place to Work® Company, is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 4,000 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.