Streets Maintenance Technician
- City of Casselberry
- Casselberry, Florida
- $16.00 - $19.09 Hourly
- May 23, 2023
- Jul 22, 2023
The Streets Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing maintenance and repair of public facilities such as streets and sidewalks for the City of Casselberry. The Streets Maintenance Technician works independently within established policies and procedures.Examples of Essential Functions
(These essential and additional job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related marginal duties as required.) Typical Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education and Training: A minimum of a High School Diploma or G.E.D is required.
- Experience: A minimum of three (3) years' experience in construction, landscape or related field. A comparable combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Certificates, Licenses and/or Registrations Required: Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Class B (with tanker and air brakes endorsement) CDL Driver's license is required. Bucket Truck Operator Safety Certification and Right-of-Way Pesticide license are preferred and/or must be obtained within twelve (12) months of date of hire. A Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check will be made to determine acceptance of past driving record.
- Security Clearance: Florida Department of Law Enforcement background clearance is required.
- Knowledge (basic level) of local, state and federal regulations affecting work.
- Knowledge of the common tools, equipment, materials and methods used in public works maintenance.
- Knowledge of the proper care and maintenance of tools of the trade.
- Skill in effectively dealing with the public and other agencies in a courteous, tactful and impartial manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability (basic level) to utilize Microsoft Office Suite, e.g. Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to support the mission statement of the City of Casselberry: The City of Casselberry is a community that provides high quality service through dynamic leadership, strategic thinking, prudent resource management, and effective partnerships with its citizens and businesses.
- Ability to support the core values of the City of Casselberry
- Honesty, integrity, and morality as the foundation of city government.
- Professionalism as the hallmark of efficient and effective government service.
- Public health, safety, and welfare promoted through uniform enforcement of laws and regulations.
- Fiscal responsibility and sustainability.
- Environmental stewardship.
- Quality customer service.
- A strong sense of community.
- Ability to support the vision of the City of Casselberry of a vibrant, affordable, diverse, and progressive community where citizens feel safe, enjoy their neighborhoods, and access their city government.
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative and not intended to be all-inclusive of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made when requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Work Environment: This position primarily performs the duties in a field setting. Frequently, this position works outside in various weather conditions, works near moving mechanical parts, works on slippery or uneven surfaces, works in or with moving objects/vehicles, traffic hazards, toxic or caustic chemicals, fumes or airborne particles and exposure to aggressive domestic and non-domestic animals, reptiles and insects. Occasionally, this position may be exposed to work in a high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock/explosives. The noise level in the work environment is very loud.
B. Physical Demands: The primary functions require prolonged periods of standing, walking, bending, pushing, pulling, driving, using hands to handle or feel, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, climbing or balancing and reaching with hands and arms. In addition, this position may be required to occasionally lift and carry up to one hundred (100) pounds with or without assistance. This position is regularly required to use vision, speech and hearing, with or without assistive devices.
C. Equipment/Tools and Technology Used: This position utilizes the following tools and equipment while performing the duties of the job: Hand tools (pole saws, shovels, rakes, wheel barrels, etc.), gas powered tools (blowers, chain saws, edger, generators, pressure washers), concrete grinder, concrete mixer, stump grinder, tractor, lawnmower, and city vehicle.
D. Employee Infection/Exposure Risk Classification: Category III: Employee performs tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids or other potentially infectious materials (OPIM). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency medical care or first aid, or to be potentially exposed in some other way. Tasks that involve handling of implements or utensils, use of public or shared bathroom facilities or telephones, and personal contact such as handshaking are Category III tasks.
The City of Casselberry offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
The City of Casselberry pays a substantial portion of our employee's health insurance. Dependent coverage is available at an additional cost, part of which is paid by the City. Health insurance discounts for wellness, non-tobacco and biometric screenings are available to qualified individuals. Group discount plans are available for optional dental, vision, STD, Voluntary Life with ADD, Legal, Accident/Critical Illness and Cancer. Paid long term disability after one year of employment.
401a Plan - 10% salary contribution paid by the City
457 Deferred Compensation Plan – City pays 100% match of an employee's voluntary contribution up to 4% of their annual salary
8 paid holidays per year (10 hours per day)
Paid annual leave and sick leave
Paid bereavement and military leave
Cost of Living Adjustments
Education and Certification Incentives
Employee Recognition and Appreciation
2% Residency Incentive pay for Casselberry residents
Wellness Health Incentive Program
The City of Casselberry is an equal opportunity employer, veteran preference provider, and a drug free workplace.