Asst. Director, Young Alumni Engagement and Philanthropy
- University of Central Florida
- Orlando, Florida
- May 25, 2023
- Jul 24, 2023
- Education / Training, HR
In addition to your application, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume
Unleash YOUR Potential With Us
As a next-generation public research institute, we are an inclusive community of thinkers, doers, creators, innovators, healers, and leaders striving to shape the future and solve the world's most challenging problems. No matter what your role is, when you join Knight Nation, you'll play an integral role in pushing us forward to become among the most impactful universities in the country. You'll be met with opportunities to connect and collaborate with uniquely talented faculty, staff, and students across 13 colleges, multiple campuses, and regional locations. That means greater challenges to tackle, more meaningful opportunities to grow, and rewarding experiences that go beyond a paycheck. We're seeking qualified, motivated individuals who will help UCF fulfill its mission of unleashing the potential of every individual, enriching the human experience through inclusion, discovery, and innovation; and propelling broad-based prosperity for the many communities we serve.
OUR VALUE PROPOSITION: UCF Advancement powers partnerships and transforms lives through philanthropy. Your efforts on our team will transform the lives of many students, enable innovative faculty research projects, equip centers and institutes of service to diverse populations, and forge strategic partnerships. Our most valuable asset is our people. UCF has never been restrained by our past because our faculty, staff, students, alumni, and friends have always been optimistic dreamers focused on the future possibilities. UCF's rapid achievements are the result of the efforts of our people, and they will be our greatest asset as we focus on excellence. UCF's Advancement division comprises the Office of Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving and the UCF Foundation, Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization created to assist donors wishing to offer private support to deliver resources beyond traditional funding sources, such as tuition, state support and government research grants. We are a powerful team of 130+ professionals who support the university by soliciting, accepting and managing gifts as well as engaging alumni. Together, we work with alumni, friends, corporations, parents and others who seek to make gifts in support of priorities and initiatives in alignment with the university's strategic plan.
WHY CHOOSE TO JOIN THE UCF ADVANCEMENT FAMILY:
• U.S. News & World Report ranks UCF above Cornell, Harvard, and Princeton as most innovative in its annual list of best colleges.
• Located in Orlando, Florida, UCF and its 13,000 faculty and staff members create life-changing opportunities for more than 70,000 students on campus and online. Orlando is a dynamic and diverse place to work and live. Ranked No. 6 on Forbes' Best Cities for future job growth and the fastest-growing of the 30 largest regions in the U.S., The City Beautiful offers boundless possibilities.
This position offers a hybrid remote work option with supervisory approval.
The Assistant Director of Young Alumni Engagement and Philanthropy manages and directs UCF Alumni initiatives that increase alumni engagement and annual giving through a scalable, young alumni-based program that leverages the power of technology.
- Manage the direction and activities of UCF Alumni's young alumni engagement.
- Oversee volunteer activities of the Young Alumni Community such as the ambassador program, mentorship program on the Knights Network platform, and/or episodic engagement activities.
- Oversight includes the identification, recruitment, training, and evaluation of the programs and their overall success.
- Leverage existing initiatives led by UCF Alumni such as National Networking Knight, Knights Give Back, Football Watch Parties, Regalia Distribution and Indoor Tailgates to grow young alumni engagement through events.
- Expand young alumni participation through scalable programmatic initiatives and offerings that drive engagement and lead to philanthropy.
- Create, manage and execute in-person and virtual programming, meetings, and events as necessary, leverage the power of technology when applicable.
- Oversees bookings, contract negotiation and budget creation of activities for young alumni programming including (but not limited to) Homecoming and 30 Under 30 events.
- Responsible for the planning, management and implementation of the UCF 30 Under 30 awards program which includes calling for nominations, honoree selection, announcements and event recognition.
- Grow the program brand and awareness to help scale engagement and philanthropy. Collaborates with the Annual Giving team for young alumni solicitation with a focus on increasing young alumni participation.
- Enhance the student to alumni transition with a focus on increasing retention of new graduate engagement and philanthropy.
- Collaborate with UCF entities and leverage campus partners to help promote and host strategic engagement events and support young alumni programming.
- Assist in the development of and manage and track the overall budget for the Young Alumni engagement program.
- Oversee the daily financial activity of the young alumni community to maintain fiscal stability.
- Write and manage content for alumni communications including electronic communications, web content, social media, texting campaigns and direct mail for distribution to alumni.
- Utilize best practices to increase communication engagement. Update and maintain the young alumni page of the Alumni Engagement website and social media channels as needed. Leverages UCF Advancement's constituent database to record, track and measure all young alumni engagement activities to positively impact alumni participation performance metrics.
- Safeguard the confidentiality of constituent and departmental information and comply with UCF Advancement's data privacy and integrity standards.
- Critical features of this job are described above.
- Nothing in this position description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All positions assist in recruiting, training and retaining foundation employees.
Bachelor's or Master's degree and 2+ years of relevant experience
- Expertise in executing large, high-profile events.
- Expertise in relationship building and working in a position with a high level of public contact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Comfortable operating in a matrixed environment.
- Proven ability to lead and direct staff and volunteers.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Experience working in a complex University environment.
- Experience working with various technologies including advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, Zoom, Teams and CRM systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate, handle multiple priorities, and handle the pressure of deadlines.
- Able to travel, attend and conduct meetings on and off campus, and make presentations before large and small groups.
- The ability to work independently as well as collaboratively to achieve goals with a commitment to delivering exceptional customer service.
- Experience in budget management.
Additional Application Materials Required:
In addition to your application, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume
Are Benefits Important to You?
Working at UCF has its perks! In addition to helping drive change and having a positive impact by supporting our students, staff, and faculty, UCF offers:
- Benefit packages, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending, and Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off, including annual and sick leave and paid holidays
- Retirement savings options
- Employee discounts, including tickets to many Orlando attractions
- Education assistance
- Flexible work environment
- And more…For more benefits information, go to UCF Employee Benefits Guide (12-14-21)
Who Are We?
Founded in 1963 to fuel the region's talent pipeline and support the growing U.S. space program, UCF is built to make a better future for our students and society. It's one of the reasons U.S. News & World Report ranks UCF among the nation's top 20 most innovative colleges, while Forbes, Kiplinger, and The Princeton Review rank us a best-value university. UCF is one of 14 universities nationwide designated as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution and a Research 1 university. With 13 colleges, including a fully accredited College of Medicine, UCF offers more than 220-degree programs between its main campus, downtown campus, hospitality campus, academic health sciences campus, and 11 UCF Connect centers located throughout the region. In addition, UCF extends its reach to communities in and beyond Central Florida by offering complete, online programs leading to bachelor's degrees, master's degrees, Ph.D.'s., certificates, and more.
Unless explicitly stated on the job posting, it is UCF's expectation that an employee of UCF will reside in Florida as of the date the employment begins.
DepartmentUCF Foundation - Accounting
Work ScheduleHybrid remote option: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with ability to work nights and weekends and travel, as required..
Type of AppointmentRegular
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf.
As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer.