Assistant Vice President, Cargo Business Development
Under the general direction of the Chief Development Officer, the Assistant Vice President, Cargo Business Development directs the execution of strategic and tactical plans focused on developing new air cargo business at Orlando International Airport (MCO). Interact with all stakeholders across the supply chain to increase air cargo throughput at MCO and improve the airport's position in the global supply chain. Provide key leadership for the Airport in the execution of short- and long-range strategies and strategic initiatives toward achieving specific market objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, aviation management or related field and six (6) years experience in cargo business development, route planning, economic development, working in aviation marketing/airport industry, air services business development, economics, operations and cargo or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Master's degree in a related field and experience with a major airport or airline working in cargo development/sales preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of regional businesses community, cargo and economic development industry, and aviation/airline industry
- Knowledge of U.S. and international cargo regulations regarding the movement of air cargo and proven business development and cargo sales track record
- Skill in evaluating global cargo market gaps and develops business strategies, objectives and timelines to capture the cargo market
- Ability to travel extensively domestically and internationally
- Ability to work in a dynamic work environment with constantly changing priorities
- Ability to manage multiple MCO cargo development projects
- Attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain professionalism and diplomacy at all times
- Excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills. Bilingual and bicultural desirable
- Ability to plan, organize and manage coalitions and campaigns to achieve strategic MCO cargo objectives
- Ability to navigate and negotiate air cargo opportunities for MCO
- Must have excellent analytical problem solving and organizational skills related to the job functions and requirements
The Greater Orlando Aviation Authority offers a comprehensive benefits package.
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, Sick and Personal Leave Days
- Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Short Term Disability Plan, Long Term Disability Plan and Life Insurance
- Education Reimbursement (Full-time Employees Only)
- Hybrid Work Schedule (for applicable positions)
- Shift Differential (for applicable positions) 2nd Shift - $0.85 per hour & 3rd Shift - $1.00 per hour