Manager, Aviation Planning & Development
Serve as the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority's (GOAA) primary staff member responsible for the development, implementation, and update of the Planning related aspects of the Airport Master Plan (MCO and ORL), the Airport Layout Plan, Exhibit A Map Book and select projects from conceptual planning inception through one or more phases such as: project scope, development of alternatives, refined concepts, cost estimating/project funding, final design, and bid and contract award, including coordination of project closing. Work in conjunction with local governments and other agencies relative to surface transportation and land development projects, master planning, rail and multimodal planning.
- Bachelor degree in Aviation Management, Planning or Engineering and six (6) years directly related work experience in aviation, transportation, or land use planning for a consulting firm and/or a medium to large hub airport, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- A thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of airport and aviation/aerospace industry matters required
- Comprehensive knowledge as to methods of collection and analysis of planning data and the preparation of planning reports and studies
- Expert level knowledge of FAA and FDOT airport planning guidelines; airspace and land use related issues
- Strong oral and written communication skills and professional interpersonal relationship skills
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail
- Working knowledge of CAD/GIS programs
- Knowledgeable in the use of computers and familiarity Microsoft Office programs and airport aviation software applications
- Strong leadership skills to effectively oversee the work of multiple contracted staff
- Must have a valid Florida driver's license.
- AAAE and/or APA-AICP related certifications preferred
The Greater Orlando Aviation Authority offers a comprehensive benefits package.
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, Sick and Personal Leave Days
- Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Short Term Disability Plan, Long Term Disability Plan and Life Insurance
- Education Reimbursement (Full-time Employees Only)
- Hybrid Work Schedule (for applicable positions)
- Shift Differential (for applicable positions) 2nd Shift - $0.85 per hour & 3rd Shift - $1.00 per hour