Build DevOps Support Engineer
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.Build DevOps Support Engineer
DRE are EA's global automation specialists. We are a team of more than 100 staff based in eight EA studios in North America and Europe. We work with our internal customers (EA's game, engine, product, and content teams) and serve them by providing services related to Build & Test Automation, Continuous Integration, Metrics Reporting, and Virtual Infrastructure.
You would join the Development and Release Engineering team (DRE) as a Build DevOps Support Engineer. You will work with Maxis teams around the globe, assisting with build and release automation, configuration management, and system maintenance. You will report to the Engineering Manager for the DRE Maxis team.
You will work with us to cover a specific shift of 7am - 4pm Eastern time. The position is open to remote, and is a great opportunity to grow your skills.
- Work with game teams around the globe to ensure automation meets requirements and availability needs
- Maintain system health across multiple systems
- Provide first-tier troubleshooting support for automation infrastructure
- Report regular status on assigned tasks and emergencies for subsequent teams to continue troubleshooting
- Document issues and solutions to help team members to improve processes and apply the solutions across a variety of different environments
- Monitor dashboards and analyze metrics to improve automation systems
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with Perforce and Git
- Experience with Python
- 1+ years of experience in software development or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of tier-1 tech support or equivalent experience
- Experience with distributed systems
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We're looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.