Graphics Software Engineer
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, EA Sports FC, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in U.S. video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience that empowers fans to play out their NFL fantasies. Madden NFL has entertained fans for over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
Madden NFL is developed at EA's Tiburon Studio in Orlando, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We're looking for talent with an experience with sports to create experiences that connect with football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
As a Rendering Software Engineer, your implementations will change how Sports creates games. You will be reporting to the team's Development or Technical Director, you will be a part of ensuring the studio and adopt new technology and always improve the way we work. Within Sports and EA, you will have a driving partnership with the Frostbite development team, you will work with leading industry talent in one of the world's largest and leading game development communities. You will participate in both internal and external graphics conferences to both gain and share knowledge.
- You will develop core rendering features, engine components and tools.
- You will research and implement rendering techniques.
- You will create reusable and flexible rendering technologies.
- You will write technical design specifications.
- You will design, maintains, implements, tests and debug code, pipelines and other rendering-related sub-components and packages.
- You will improve rendering modules of a game engine.
- Stay up to date with latest hardware & software changes enhancing the rendering domain.
- 1+ years of experience working on or creating real-time rendering engines.
- 1+ years of experience developing rendering techniques and implementing white papers
- 1+ years of experience in modern graphics APIs such as DirectX12, Vulkan, or Metal
- 1+ years of experience with the following: PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS5, Xbox Series S/X
- 1+ years of experience with graphics performance analysis, optimization, and associated tools such as PIX, RenderDoc, Razor
- 1+ years of experience with art and content pipelines and workflows
- 1+ years of experience investigating and optimizing low-level game engine code on multiple platforms
- Communication ability that supports an open working environment regarding feedback
- A desire to improve visual quality together with art and design
- Stay up to date with latest and the greatest techniques in computer graphics
- Excellent debugging and multi-threading skills
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Pay offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $149,150 - $233,500 USD Annually
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $136,000 - $233,500 USD Annually
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $171,100 - $233,500 USD Annually
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $136,000 - $190,850 USD Annually
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $136,000 - $218,900 USD Annually
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $114,050 - $185,250 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. In the US, we offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity. For British Columbia, we offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We're looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.