Supervisor, Internal Audit
Responsible for overseeing, assisting and conducting audits of organizations which have contractual agreements with the Authority to determine compliance with those agreements including, but not limited to revenue contracts such as concessionaires and tenants, management agreements, and service contracts. Assists and conducts audits of organizational units within the Authority to determine if units are performing their planning, accounting, custodial, or control activities in compliance with management instructions, applicable statements of policy and procedures, and in a manner consistent with both the Authority's objectives and high standards of administrative practice.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or a related field and five (5) years auditing experience, or an equivalent combination of directly related education, training, and experience. One to two years of airport-specific audit experience and proficiency with the Authority's current automated workpaper software required.
- Current Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Current Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) is required when hired into position. A second certification must be achieved within 18 months of employment in this position. For the second certification a CPA, CIA or CISA is preferred, but other certifications may be considered.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting, auditing, and internal control literature and concepts.
- Requires application and use of Microsoft Word, Access, and Excel.Skill in the use of data management or query software such as ACL desirable.
- Advanced knowledge and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Governmental Accounting Principles.
- Advanced knowledge and application of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), Attestation Standards, and Government Auditing Standards (GAS).
- Advanced knowledge and application of the Institute of Internal Auditors' International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) and the ability to review internal audit activity to ensure adherence to the IPPF.
- Knowledge and application of statistical sampling methodologies.
- Knowledge and application of qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Knowledge of financial, cost and management accounting theory and practice.
- Knowledge of management and organization theory.
- Understanding of contracting principles and administration.
- Strong and effective oral and written communications skills reflecting proper grammar, clarity, and conciseness; strong presentation skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in analyzing a general ledger and journal entries.
- Able to work effectively under stressful conditions, deadlines.
- Able to and available for travel.
- Interpersonal skills demonstrating tact and professional etiquette.
- Experience in creating flowcharts.
The Greater Orlando Aviation Authority offers a comprehensive benefits package.
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, Sick and Personal Leave Days
- Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Short Term Disability Plan, Long Term Disability Plan and Life Insurance
- Education Reimbursement (Full-time Employees Only)
- Hybrid Work Schedule (for applicable positions)
- Shift Differential (for applicable positions) 2nd Shift - $0.85 per hour & 3rd Shift - $1.00 per hour