Tier 1 recognizes that the key to sustainable growth is having talented individuals on our team. At the core of Tier 1's success is our staff of dedicated employees that represent a variety of backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and values. The future of our organization lies in the hearts and capabilities of our team members.
The PDC Traffic Coordinator is responsible for preparation outbound Bills of Lading or other shipment documentation to include export shipments, Will Call processing and Quality Order checks to insure facility order accuracy.
- Processes and prepares all documentation regarding Outbound Freight, to include, but not limited to, Express Courier, LTL and Dedicated Delivery Systems, utilizing the Varsity and other carrier manifesting systems. (35%)
- Conducts random dock audits of staged shipments as directed by Supervision to achieve Quality objective of .4 Wrong Quantity and .6 Wrong Part (35%)
- Directs all activities for the Will Call Area, to include prioritization , disbursements of freight, discrepancy resolution and identification control. (15%)***(Will vary by location according to volume. 15% assumes heaviest volume)
- Ensure the accuracy of all shipping documents. Assures that any discrepancies on documentation is either reconciled or verified prior to data entry. Coordinates shipment activities with local DDS carriers. (15%)
Key Performance Indicators:
- Performs cursory inspections of packaging of parts, loading of outbound trucks and adherence to schedules, reporting any out of line conditions directly to the PDC Supervisor.
- Ensure that Will Call Orders not claimed are routed prior to the close of business daily.
- Ensure that Varsity Ship System is updated on a timely basis to reflect changes to Dealer Status and Shipment routings.
- Maintains all scheduling mediums noting activity, priority and due dates within established parameters.
- Ensure proper labels and tickets have been applied prior to shipping.
- Ensure that all established transportation related security measures are followed.
- Manifesting Express Courier packages when necessary.
- Proved immediate out of line transportation issues to Supervision
- Ensure that outbound freight will clear by closing time.
- Report any driver issues to Supervision.
- Performs other assignments or project related work at the direction of Management.
- Conduct inspections of packaging of parts and loading of trucks.
- Assist with allocation breakdown and allocation of work.
Major Challenges and Key Decisions:
- Provides resolution between Tier 1 and outside Carriers relative to piece counts discrepancies and questionable packaging, or parts quality.
- High School Diploma
- 4 years Required
- Ability to operate a forklift, stock chaser and other warehouse equipment as needed.
- Experience in a shipping/receiving discipline
- Computer Skills
- Reasoning Ability
- Proficient computer skills: e-mail, record keeping, routine database, word processing, spreadsheets
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Quality / Commitment to Quality
- Committed to pursuing and achieving quality goals.
- Displays a high standard of performance and completeness.
- Pays close attention to high-level and low-level details and ensures the utmost accuracy.
- Strives for continuous improvement.
- Prioritizes tasks and manages time to ensure that deadlines are met. Plans his or her time and sticks to those plans.
- Prevents or manages interruptions until the highest priority tasks are accomplished.
- Wisely spends time on the most critical and essential needs and is able to eliminate roadblocks and put trivial concerns aside.
- Is reliable in regards to scheduling and provides appropriate timing expectations
- Effectively manages the system(s) used to execute job related tasks and processes that may involve internal/external users.
- Available as a resource for system questions, issues, or trouble shooting.
- This may require training when new processes are rolled out and/or there are system upgrades
- Carefully prepare and examine records to ensure accuracy, adherence to guidelines and consistency.
- Able to help improve internal processes such as operations, internal controls, risk management and governance
- Is an effective team player who adds complementary skills and contributes valuable ideas, opinions, and feedback.
- Communicates in an open and candid manner and can be counted upon to fulfill any commitments made to others on
- the team.
Would you be a good fit for this exciting career advancement? Click 'Apply Now' to submit your application and a recruiter will be connecting with you soon!
Apply for Traffic Administrator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly