Receive and dispatch maintenance related service requests. Create service calls and work orders in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Provide regular service request updates to the originator of the request. Assist with the monitoring of various computer management systems to maintain optimal comfort levels. Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED and three (3) years related experience receiving and dispatching work orders in service oriented industries or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. One (1) year experience in a large scale commercial, industrial, or institutional environment preferred. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of building automation and building trades required.
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with service requests/work order management systems desired.
- Must be able to multitask, prioritize, analyze information and use independent judgement.
- Must be capable of properly operating field communications equipment and speaking clearly in English when operating such equipment.
- Valid Florida driver's license required.
- Must be willing and able to work rotating shifts, early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays based on operational needs
The Greater Orlando Aviation Authority offers a comprehensive benefits package.
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, Sick and Personal Leave Days
- Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Short Term Disability Plan, Long Term Disability Plan and Life Insurance
- Education Reimbursement (Full-time Employees Only)
- Hybrid Work Schedule (for applicable positions)
- Shift Differential (for applicable positions) 2nd Shift - $0.85 per hour & 3rd Shift - $1.00 per hour