The Recreation Specialist is responsible for assisting with the daily operations of the Casselberry Art House, Arts Center, Sculpture House and the Sculpture Garden. In addition, the Recreation Specialist will assist in city-wide marketing efforts. Work is performed under direct supervision of the Arts & Marketing Supervisor. The Recreation Specialist performs work independently within established policies and procedures.Examples of Essential Functions
Provides support with the daily operations of the Casselberry Art House, Arts Center, Sculpture House and the Sculpture Garden. (95%)
Additional Duties and Responsibilities (5%)
Emergency Management Role
(These essential and additional job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related marginal duties as required.) Typical Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education and Training: A High School Diploma or G.E.D. is required.
- Experience: A minimum of up to one (1) year experience in special events, recreation or related field is required. A comparable combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Certificates, Licenses and/or Registrations Required: Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver's license. A Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check will be made to determine acceptance of past driving record.
- Security Clearance: Florida Department of Law Enforcement background clearance.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations affecting work.
- Knowledge of departmental rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the methods involved in organizing, conducting, and promoting recreation activities.
- Knowledge of facilities and materials required to carry out art event programs.
- Knowledge of marketing and promotion management associated with service related activities.
- Knowledge (basic to intermediate level) of Adobe Creative Suite or other related programs.
- Knowledge of safety guidelines for events and recreational activities.
- Knowledge of facility standards and proper maintenance as related to the job duties and assigned tasks.
- Knowledge in the planning, organizing and implementation of specialty art areas.
- Ability (intermediate to advanced level) to utilize Microsoft Office Suite, e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with stressful conditions in a calm and professional manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to support the mission statement of the City of Casselberry: The City of Casselberry is a community that provides high quality service through dynamic leadership, strategic thinking, prudent resource management, and effective partnerships with its citizens and businesses.
- Ability to support the core values of the City of Casselberry.
- Ability to support the vision of the City of Casselberry of a vibrant, affordable, diverse, and progressive community where citizens feel safe, enjoy their neighborhoods, and access their city government.
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative and not intended to be all-inclusive of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made when requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Work Environment: This position performs the duties primarily in an office setting, however, while setting up and attending events work is performed in a field setting. The noise level in the office work environment is moderate; the noise level in the field setting is loud. While in the field setting, this position is also frequently exposed to various weather conditions.
B. Physical Demands: The primary functions require frequent periods of standing, walking, bending, pushing and pulling, time sitting, using hands to handle or feel, and reaching with hands and arms. In addition, this position may be required to occasionally lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds with or without assistance of another person or utilization of lifting equipment. This position is regularly required to use vision, speech and hearing, with or without assistive devices.
C. Equipment/Tools and Technology Used: This position utilizes the following tools and equipment while performing the duties of the job: City vehicle, desk phone, desktop computer, calculator, fax, and printer/peripherals.
D. Employee Infection/Exposure Risk Classification: Category III: Employee performs tasks that do not involve exposure to blood, body fluids or other potentially infectious materials (OPIM). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency medical care or first aid, or to be potentially exposed in some other way. Tasks that involve handling of implements or utensils, use of public or shared bathroom facilities or telephones, and personal contact such as handshaking are Category III tasks.
The City of Casselberry offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
The City of Casselberry pays a substantial portion of our employee's health insurance. Dependent coverage is available at an additional cost, part of which is paid by the City. Health insurance discounts for wellness, non-tobacco and biometric screenings are available to qualified individuals. Group discount plans are available for optional dental, vision, STD, Voluntary Life with ADD, Legal, Accident/Critical Illness and Cancer. Paid long term disability after one year of employment.
401a Plan - 10% salary contribution paid by the City
457 Deferred Compensation Plan – City pays 100% match of an employee's voluntary contribution up to 4% of their annual salary
8 paid holidays per year (10 hours per day)
Paid annual leave and sick leave
Paid bereavement and military leave
Cost of Living Adjustments
Education and Certification Incentives
Employee Recognition and Appreciation
2% Residency Incentive pay for Casselberry residents
Wellness Health Incentive Program
The City of Casselberry is an equal opportunity employer, veteran preference provider, and a drug free workplace.