Stormwater Technician - Public Service Worker II
This is skilled work in the operation of heavy motor driving earth moving equipment. Employees are responsible for the safe and efficient operation of heavy construction equipment. Work of these positions requires considerable skill in working to engineering grades, in operating very heavy equipment, and in working efficiently so as not to impede the progress of related operations. Supervision consists primarily in job performance checks made at work site.
- Operates a power grader on construction and maintenance work; blades sub-grades; blades finish grade to engineering specifications.
- Operates all terrain excavator, track excavator work; cleans ditches; fills in quarries; occasionally does simple pile driving; operates a heavy bulldozer.
- Operates dump truck with equipment trailer; loads bulldozers, grazers, wheel loader, mowing machines, and related construction and automotive equipment; transports equipment to work site; operates any and all equipment on a relief basis, or when regular operators are unavailable.
- Performs related work as required.
- High school or trade school graduation
- Considerable experience in the operation and field maintenance of heavy construction equipment
- Possession of a valid Florida CDL class A license
- Or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Based on FMCSA regulations, applicants for employment and existing employees in positions requiring a CDL are subject to pre-employment, post-employment, and ongoing testing for controlled substances and alcohol as a condition of employment.
Exceptions to the minimum qualifications must be reviewed by the Human Resources Director and approved by the City Manager prior to job offer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of, and skill in, the operation, maintenance, adaptabilities, limitations and uses of the equipment to which assignment is made.
- Knowledge of the component parts, operating principles and maintenance needs of heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards involved and the necessary safety precautions in equipment operation.
- Ability to make emergency repairs and to assist in making repairs of heavy equipment.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Physical strength and agility sufficient to operate heavy equipment over rough terrain, occasionally under adverse weather conditions.
The City of Winter Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Winter Garden provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.