Professionally apply architectural and protective coating systems required to provide maximum protection under a regularly scheduled maintenance program to all surfaces within the painting industry standards and maintenance departmental guidelines in order to maintain GOAA facilities. Inspect and maintain all structural and architectural surfaces, provides the necessary protective coating system to ensure the appearance and maintain a sound level of structural integrity within the industry. Complete maintenance work orders as assigned. Remove and reapply pavement markings on runways, taxiways, ramps and roadways. Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate and five (5) years experience in commercial and industrial painting, with emphasis in maintenance, with a strong background in brush, rolled and spray experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Industry knowledge of paints, solvents, varnishes and other related materials used to protect surfaces of all kinds and under all weather conditions required.
- Knowledge of rules, regulations, and guidelines regarding the safe operation of various protective devices during the application of chemicals and paints, spray painting equipment and power tools.
- Basic knowledge of essential safety equipment and protective devices.
- Must be willing and able to work various shifts, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must be capable of properly operating field communications equipment and speaking clearly in English when operating such equipment.
- Familiarity with a mobile computerized maintenance management system desired.
- Must have demonstrated skill to organize and prioritize work, and good oral and written communication skills.
- May be required to wear a respirator when performing certain functions.
- Must have the ability to make sound decisions under pressure and solve problems independently.
The Greater Orlando Aviation Authority offers a comprehensive benefits package.
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, Sick and Personal Leave Days
- Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Short Term Disability Plan, Long Term Disability Plan and Life Insurance
- Education Reimbursement (Full-time Employees Only)
- Hybrid Work Schedule (for applicable positions)
- Shift Differential (for applicable positions) 2nd Shift - $0.85 per hour & 3rd Shift - $1.00 per hour