Customer Service Engineer 2 - DaVita MegaLab
Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world's most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as Customer Service Engineer II to Pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what's possible in healthcare to help improve people's lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what's possible, to improve people's lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
Location: On-site position at Deland, FL Automation Lab
Shift: Monday through Friday 8a to 5p
The Automation Customer Service Engineer is a site-based, customer-facing role that installs, services, maintains and modifies automation equipment at customer sites. This highly visible role is a critical component to our holistic approach in solving our customer's most difficult problems. Specialized training will be provided in order to ensure quality in the work performed.
The Automation Customer Service Engineer in most cases will report to an onsite manager. The majority of Automation Customer Service Engineers will report to the same facility each day. However, there will be times when work is required at other customer locations in support of the region.
The ideal candidate will have some automation tracking experience in a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
Key deliverables will include:
- Provide service, preventative maintenance, modifications and installations on Siemens Healthineers Diagnostics automation systems at customer site with minimal supervision.
- Troubleshoot system failures and provide on-site customer repairs; responsible for delivering both timely and effective repairs.
- Provide adequate training of operators to ensure optimal system performance, resulting in superior customer satisfaction.
- Manage company assets including, cell phone, computer, tools, inventory parts, etc.
- Establish and foster positive business relationships with customers and peers.
- Perform administrative duties including, but not limited to, recording of time worked, training, expense reports, etc.
- Provide ongoing feedback to customers and manager in regards to equipment repair status.
- Interfacing regularly with the technical support center in order to provide the highest level of customer care.
- Perform other service work as needed in support of the broader region and customer base.
- High school diploma required. Associates Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or similar engineering program preferred. Equivalent military training is preferred
- Generally, 8+ years of related experience.
- Previous experience servicing factory automation systems and/ or robotic systems and/or prior experience in diagnostics laboratories and relative instruments strongly preferred.
- Ability to work both individually and in an established team setting.
- Proven track record of strong customer service skills as well as excellent communication skills.
- Ability to interface with customers, peers, internal support center employees in a positive and professional manner.
- Must be able to utilize a computer and computer-based tools for reports, emails, and general communication.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally at times for training.
- Willingness and ability to work different shifts, on-call, nights and week-ends in case of need.
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement.
- Ability to travel and provide service as needed for assigned area as well as other areas as needed.
Must demonstrate excellent judgment in customer relations and in managing company resources; strong competency in instrument systems technology to include mechanics, electrical, chemistry, and software technology; experience with electronics, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific position before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.