Risk Director, Tax
At Schwab, you're empowered to make an impact on your career. Here, innovative thought meets creative problem solving, helping us “challenge the status quo” and transform the finance industry together.
Schwab's Wealth & Advice Solutions (WAS) organization offers industry-leading wealth management services to both retail and registered investment advisor (RIA) clients. The team is responsible for Schwab's wealth management strategy, while delivering industry-leading experiences, through solutions like Schwab Wealth Advisory (SWA) and Schwab Advisor Network (SAN), along with a broad range of investment products and solutions.
Within the Wealth and Advice Solutions organization, the WAS Business Unit Risk team is responsible for providing leadership and strategic support for governance, policy management, and regulatory initiatives to effectively manage risk as we deliver comprehensive wealth and advice services to both Retail and Advisor Services clients.
In this role, you will be focused largely on developing policy as it relates to Schwab's current and evolving Tax, Trust and Estates advisory offering, including consideration of offer structure, licensing requirements, and supervision. This is a strategic role, where you will provide subject matter expertise related to providing tax advice, guidance, and planning. As a core part of Schwab's Wealth Management service, you will play a meaningful role designing and implementing our tax advice strategy to meet the evolving needs of our clients while effectively managing risk.What you have
- 7+ years in the Financial Services industry, with experience in supervisory, risk, control, or oversight functions preferred
- Deep understanding of legal and regulatory requirements related to the provision of tax education and advice
- Experience with formal document drafting, including policy, procedures, and plans of supervision
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills (negotiating, collaborating, influencing)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, time management, and organizational skills
- Comfort with ambiguity with an ability to learn quickly and thrive in a complex, dynamic environment
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing business conditions
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced, team environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize business needs
- CPA and/or JD preferred
Active and valid Series 7 & 63 are preferred
What's in it for you
At Schwab, we're committed to empowering our employees' personal and professional success. Our purpose-driven, supportive culture, and focus on your development means you'll get the tools you need to make a positive difference in the finance industry. Our Hybrid Work and Flexibility approach balances our ongoing commitment to workplace flexibility, serving our clients, and our strong belief in the value of being together in person on a regular basis.
We offer a competitive benefits package that takes care of the whole you – both today and in the future:
- 401(k) with company match and Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time for vacation, volunteering, and 28-day sabbatical after every 5 years of service for eligible positions
- Paid parental leave and family building benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health, dental, and vision insurance