Head of Terrorism, US & Latam
The typical starting salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors including skills, experience, education, certifications and location. The full salary range for this role reflects the competitive labor market value for all employees in these positions across the national market and provides an opportunity to progress as employees grow and develop within the role. Some roles at Liberty Mutual have a corresponding compensation plan which may include commission and/or bonus earnings at rates that vary based on multiple factors set forth in the compensation plan for the role.
Manages a team of underwriting professionals for a book of business within a product line and/or region. Responsible for budget, marketing, risk assessment, and broker management.
Responsible for the premium budget of a small product line, program or region within an entity. Manages within the underwriting guidelines. Manages business marketing plans for scope of responsibility. Manages underwriting professionals. Responsible for talent processes including selection, development, and performance management, and makes compensation recommendations for assigned staff. Establishes and maintains broker strategy building relationships to facilitate the marketing of LIU products. Underwrites new and renewal business of complex accounts.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training plus at least 6 years of relevant and progressively more responsible production underwriting experience
- Requires 1-2 years of previous people management/supervisor experience
- Requires an advanced knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, procedures and techniques, including, but not limited to coverage issues, product lines, marketing, computers and product competition within the marketplace
- Advanced knowledge of a technical specialty
- The ability to effectively interact with brokers and internal departments is also required
- Strong verbal and written communications, and organizational skills
- Strong negotiation, analytical and decision making skills also required
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to Work" by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Fair Chance Notices