We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
Cliffhanger Games is a newly formed Seattle Studio focusing on blockbuster action-adventure games and pioneering next-generation emergent storytelling beginning with Marvel's Black Panther. Join us to pursue your passion to build unique groundbreaking, and inclusive games that empower players to create incredible stories of heroic adventure. Become a foundational part of an ambitious, respectful and diverse team as we look for an Engineering Manager to join and help build and support our team.
You will manage members of our Gameplay Engineering team, with the support of the Lead Gameplay Engineer, focusing on the well-being and performance of that group. You will report to the Senior Director of Engineering. As the Engineering Manager you will help hire, support, and develop our engineers, building an exceptional team capable of delivering to our exacting standards.
- Build, support, and develop a focused, productive, collaborative and diverse Gameplay Engineering team, elevating them to deliver their best work.
- Conduct regular one-on-ones, performance reviews, and team meetings to foster a strong sense of belonging and an environment of continuous learning.
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Engineering, Lead Gameplay Engineer and the rest of Leadership to monitor and improve performance and identify resource needs.
- Advocate for the team, and act as a mediator between gameplay engineering and other departments including art, design, tech and production.
- Coordinate with other discipline managers to ensure clear communication and collaboration.
- Model, advocate for and uphold an inclusive, diverse, and respectful team culture.
- 5 years in a managerial role on a high performing engineering team, with expertise in team building and career development of your reports.
- A commitment to fostering a team environment that values diversity, inclusivity, and individual growth.
- Excellent collaboration skills, the ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team, and provide clear guidance to team members.
We encourage you to apply, even if you don't match every qualification listed above. Let us know why this role appeals to you, why you will be great, what unique perspectives you will bring, and which requirements will challenge you to grow.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Pay offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $130,250 - $199,400 USD Annually
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $120,450 - $199,400 USD Annually
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $147,400 - $199,400 USD Annually
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $120,450 - $161,750 USD Annually
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $120,450 - $188,600 USD Annually
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $93,700 - $153,900 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. In the US, we offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity. For British Columbia, we offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We're looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.