Maintenance Manager Mobility Customer Service Brightline FL
Pioneering in America, from the first mile to the last. This is what drives us.
For more than 160 years, Siemens has been an integral provider of infrastructure, electrification, and transportation solutions in the United States. Rail systems must do one thing above all: run. With modern maintenance solutions – from diagnostics to data-based action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to strategically planned modernization – we ensure your systems' highest reliability and availability: 100% Railability. We are constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions that increase the availability of infrastructure for the society, optimize route usage and create a new quality of travel.
Good service means we are there for our partners and customers when they need us – and beyond. That is because we define ourselves by what we do. Every day, every hour, every minute. We help our customers move the world.
Siemens Mobility is seeking a highly motivated and results-oriented leader to join our team as the Brightline Maintenance Manager in Orlando, FL. In this crucial role, you will lead and drive the efficient and cost-effective maintenance of the customer's modern train sets, ensuring their reliability, safety, and optimal performance. You will possess a strong understanding of Lean, Six Sigma, 5S or kaizen methodologies, coupled with outstanding leadership and management skills to guide and develop a diverse team of rail technicians.
The successful candidate will be comfortable in working in a matrix organization. This role reports directly to the Senior Service Operations Manager and will work closely with the Project Manager for Brightline. The Project Manager has responsibility for the overall P&L for the project and will require tight coordination and synchronization with the Maintenance Manager's day to day responsibilities. The Senior Service Operations Manager will provide functional supervision and is available as an escalation path to address issues that are not resolved at the Maintenance Manager level.
What your day-to-day will look like:
● Promote a Zero Harm culture through the development, implementation, review, and communication of EH&S Policies and Procedures.
● Operate and promote a safe working environment: Responsible for the reporting of Near Misses, and accidents/incidents for root cause analysis.
● Lead and empower a team of maintenance technicians: Motivate and encourage your team to achieve performance goals while fostering a culture of safety, continuous improvement, and collaboration.
● Create, document, and implement the Siemens onsite maintenance and operation programs.
● Schedule and coordinate preventive- and corrective maintenance and overhaul activities: Implement lean principles to optimize resource allocation, workflow, and minimize downtime.
● Monitor and require strict adherence to FRA regulations: Prioritize safe work practices for the team and all individuals collaborating with maintenance operations.
● Hire, onboard, and develop new members to the maintenance team: Coordinate trainings and support the implementation of an apprenticeship program to upskill and cultivate talent within the organization.
● Lead team performance: Provide constructive feedback, continuous improvement, coaching, measurable results, a culture of accountability and implement strategies to enhance individual and team effectiveness.
● Develop strong and successful relationships with aligned customer stakeholders: Ensure assigned Siemens Field Service team can support both the customers operational goals and Siemens Maintenance Service Agreement targets.
● Collaborate & support the interface(s) between Siemens Field Service team, the Reliability and Maintenance Performance (RAMP) and Supply Chain Management.
Please Note: This role may require on-call availability and occasional work outside of regular business hours.
To thrive in this role, you have:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, industrial, technical or related degree preferred. In lieu of Bachelor's degree, a combination of education and relevant work experience with the rail industry will be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a maintenance leadership role within the rail industry.
- Experience in 24/7 maintenance operations and setting up standard procedures and work instructions.
- Sound knowledge of maintenance management: Familiarity with rail industry, equipment, terminology, and regulatory requirements.
- Familiarity of OSHA Law and Regulations and the Code of Federal Regulations CFR-49.
- Consistent track record of success in leading and motivating teams to achieve performance goals.
- Demonstrated understanding of lean principles and their application to maintenance operations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a strategic outlook.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Unwavering commitment to safety and regulatory compliance.
- Setting you apart from others would be Bachelor's degree in engineering, or technical related degree with experience with modern train set technology. Also experience with project management methodologies and familiarity with PM@Siemens, and/or Project Management Professional (PMP)® with Lean Six Sigma certification.
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1!
- We believe that each member of our team is accountable for making decisions, solving problems, and taking actions that contribute to long-term impact and financial success.
- We do the right thing. We stand for green innovations and meaningful solutions with impact on customers, ecosystem partners, society, and environment.
- We are front runners in digitalization and building platforms. Therefore, we are hiring bold forward-thinkers who want to have a real impact.
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning. We operate daily with a growth mindset - that's why Siemens consistently ranks on the Fortune World's Most Admired Companies list!
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Orlando, FL is $120,300-$162,400 and the annual incentive target is 10% of the base salary. The actual salary/wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, and qualifications.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.