Underwriting Officer, War & Terrorism
The typical starting salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors including skills, experience, education, certifications and location. The full salary range for this role reflects the competitive labor market value for all employees in these positions across the national market and provides an opportunity to progress as employees grow and develop within the role. Some roles at Liberty Mutual have a corresponding compensation plan which may include commission and/or bonus earnings at rates that vary based on multiple factors set forth in the compensation plan for the role.
Our War & Terrorism underwriters focus on answering two fundamental questions. Should we write a policy for a business? What is a fair price for the risk that we would incur by writing the policy? On the surface, these questions may seem straightforward, but as a Liberty Mutual Insurance War & Terrorism underwriter, you will possess a curiosity that propels you to dig a little deeper for the answers. You will rely on your strong analytic, communication, and negotiation skills and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Underwriters are natural problem solvers who want to know our customers and how we can profitably accept the risks that our policies cover.
Our War & Terrorism insurance protects businesses against property damage and business interruption arising from an attack that is politically, religiously or ideologically motivated.Underwriters contribute to the growth and profitability of the portfolio through marketing, underwriting and servicing of our policy holders risks.Underwriters are accountable for business results of the entire global product line in Liberty Specialty Markets and to specific individual entities in North America (specifically Liberty Mutual and Ironshore).
This role is expected to provide product-line expertise across GRS NA and LSM for specialty products, including but not limited to War & Terrorism.
Underwriting Specialist $121,000 - $157,000. Annual FTO days 20
Underwriting Consultant $138,000 - 180,600. Annual FTO days 20
- Design, develop and implement new products and business plans
- Monitor portfolio performance: Control, propose and implement underwriting actions to control volatility
- Adapt global underwriting guidelines to local market environment (both US & Latin America)
- Underwrite, price and negotiate accounts consistent with the quality of risk and according to the companys strategy and guidelines for the Terrorism product line
- Develop new relationships and increase productivity of existing relationships with wholesale and retail brokers throughout the US & Latin America
- Be a trusted product line expert and embed yourself into the Ironshore Wholesale Property Team to drive new business submissions from appointed wholesale brokers
- Maintain excellent customer service standards
- Monitor product results and develop ideas to increase productivity and profitability
- 30% travel (domestic & Latin America) required including industry events and broker visits
- Experience in sales is ideal, and experience in insurance with established relationships with wholesale property brokers is a plus
- Engage in relationship management via portfolio solutions
- Bachelor's or advanced degree or equivalent;
- 10+ years underwriting experience.
- Requires advanced knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures.
- At least 5 years experience underwriting highly technical risks.
- Exceptional strategic and marketing capabilities.
- Exceptional ability to effectively interact with brokers and internal departments in relationship-building/maintenance.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
- Highest level of negotiation, analytical, and decision-making skills are also required.
- Fluent in Spanish & English preferred
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to Work" by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Fair Chance Notices