Generalist Software Engineer
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
Generalist Software Engineer - Madden
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in U.S. Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more). Madden NFL has entertained fans over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
Madden NFL is developed at EA's Tiburon Studio in Orlando, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration.
As a Generalist Software Engineer, you'll maintain a broad view of the game and engine systems and look for ways to improve performance, utility, and capabilities to our players and workflow enhancements to our development team, reporting to the Development Director of the project.
We are looking for passionate engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, working with other engineers, and building primary systems (often using other systems), workflows, and capabilities that allow us to work smarter and bring substantial improvements to our game.
This is a hybrid role based in Orlando.
- You will implement core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to help collaborative development efforts.
- Share domain knowledge and mentor engineers within the team.
- You will work with design and other technical teams to provide feedback and then create clear technical designs.
- Provide well-tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet design requirements.
- You will look for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- 5+ years of experience with the development craft and can demonstrate good development practices.
- You have a grasp of C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
- You have technical leadership experience, but also communicate well with non-technical partners, such as Artists, Designers, and Producers.
- You show debugging skills, familiarity with network programming,
- You have experience with parallel programming and resource management.
- You have a BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience having shipped and supported a AAA title, developed with an established 3D engine, navigated a large client/server codebase, or worked with performance and memory profiling tools is beneficial.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We're looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.